Here is the workaround for Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) users with Quicktime player currently disabled.
1. Please click on Finder
2. On the top menu, please select “Go to Folder” from the Go menu (shift + cmd + G)
3. Type in: /Library/
4. Search the “Internet Plug-Ins” folder here, and enter
5. Enter the “Disabled Plug-Ins” folder
6. You will see two files here:
7. Please copy the above two files to the Internet Plug-Ins” folder (one above)
8. You will need to authenticate your action – please provide the Admin user name and password of the Mac you are working on.
9. Restart Safari.
As many of you are very well aware internet browser plugins are a disappointment for the modern web browsing. I will be very excited when we can start to utilized the same quality of tools with HTML 5 and no plugin requirements in LearningSpace. Until then here is another workaround.