Report Reviewer Access Control
During complex LearningSpace Events it might be necessary to provide multiple layers of report access control. LearningSpace provides the report review access control feature for defining subsets of user access within a learner or owner group. This is a powerful and detailed method to produce accurate report access for both learners and owners in an event. If you are new to the report review access control feature you will find it located in LearningSpace “Events” tab, next click on “Dates/Users” tab, click on “Event Report Setup” and then define the “Report Review Access Control“.
Faculty Report Reviewer Access Control
The faculty report review access control feature can define different report access levels for multiple user subgroups within an event. For Example, it might be necessary to have multiple faculty groups that have different kinds of access for an event.
These groups and report access could be similar to the following groups:
- Live Grading Faculty group
- Allow report access to SP feedback, Post-Encounter Learner, Faculty Observation and Narrative and Video Review
- Grade Review Faculty group
- Allow report access to SP feedback, Post-Encounter Learner, Faculty Observation and Narrative, Self Evaluation and Video Review
- Hall Monitor group
- Allow report access to Test Event Management
- Support Staff group
- Allow report access to SP feedback, Post-Encounter Learner, Faculty Observation and Narrative, Self Evaluation, Test Event Mgmt, Video Review and Data Export.
How to accomplish accurate report review access control.
There are three areas that need to be configured for full report review access control configuration.
- User group
- Event Assignment groups
- Report review access setup
- User group – The LearningSpace owner group should include all the users that would require some level of report access during or after the event.
- Event Assignment Group – This can be accomplished with the use of the Event > Assignment groups. In this example we creating faculty assignment groups for Live Grading Faculty, Grade Review Faculty, Hall Monitors and Support Staff and then assign all necessary learners to the adjacent learner groups. These groups will be subgroups of the event owner group. These event assignment groups can be assigned different report review access control settings.
- Report Review Access Setup – The next step is to define the event report setup and report review access control. This feature is accessed at the Event > Dates/Users > Event Reporting Setup > Report Availability > Report Review Access Control. From the Report Review Access Control drop down list, the assignment group can be selected and access privileges can be defined.
The below image shows the example of five different assignment groups. The independent access control settings for each assignment group is defined for each group.