El Capitan was not approved for use with LearningSpace at the time of El Capitan release. Apple has released OS X 10.11 El Capitan on September 30.
Apple users are extremely comfortable with upgrading to the latest operating system release. As soon as a new software release comes out it is very likely many users will update their software. As an example iPhone and iPad users recently had a global installation base of 12% upgrade there iOS within 24 hours of the iOS software release*. It is important of our mac clients to be aware of the disadvantages of the early adoption. It is also important for the LearningSpace team to quickly test and release solutions to meet the evolving operating system requirements.
CAE LearningSpace release this solution that allows LearningSpace video playback to work with El Capitan.
OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) QuickTime workaround with Safari:
1. Click on Finder
2. On the top menu, please select “Go to Folder” from the Go menu (shift + cmd + G)
3. Type in: /Library/
4. Search the “Internet Plug-Ins” folder here, and enter
5. Enter the “Disabled Plug-Ins” folder
6. You will see two files here:
7. Please copy the above two files to the Internet Plug-Ins” folder (one above)
8. You will need to authenticate your action – please provide the Admin user name and password of the Mac you are working on.
9. Restart Safari.